District Mineral Foundations are statutory bodies in India established by the State Governments by notification. They derive their legal status from Section 9B of the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957, as amended by the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 2015 on 26 March 2015. This amendment came into effect from January 12, 2015.
The objective of the District Mineral Foundation is to act in the manner prescribed by the State Government for the benefit of individuals and areas affected by mining related activities in the districts.
Collection of Contribution to District Mineral Foundation Fund :
1. Ten percent (10%) of the royalty paid under Schedule Two to the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957 (67 of 1957) (herein referred to as this Act) in respect of a mining lease license or, as the case may be, granted on or after 12th January 2015 license-cum-mining leases expected.
2. Thirty percent (30%) of the royalty paid under Schedule Two of the said Act in respect of mining lease licenses granted prior to 12th January, 2015. [Ministry of Coal, New Delhi, Notification dated 17th September, 2015 G.S.R 715(E)]
Utilization of Funds :
Scope of Pradhan Mantri Manahir Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY).
The Pradhan Mantri Manjal Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY) covers the items listed below:-
High Priority – At least 60% of the Pradhan Mantri Manjal Kshetra Kalyan Yojana PMKKKY funds will be utilized under the following heads:
1. Drinking water
2. Environment conservation and pollution control measures
5. Agriculture and similar activities
6. Women and Child Welfare
7. Welfare of Senior Citizens and Persons with Disabilities
8. Skill Development
Other Priorities :
At least up to 40% of PMKKKY fund of Pradhan Mantri Mineral Kshetra Kalyan Yojana:-
1. Physical infrastructure
2. Water resources
3. Energy and watershed development
4. Other measures to improve environmental quality in the mining district.
Regarding District Mineral Foundation Jalna:
According to the provisions of section 9(b) of Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act-2015 and Government Notification dated 01/09/2016, District Mineral Foundation has been established in every district and its rules and procedures have been notified. According to this, a savings account was opened in the name of District Mineral Foundation Jalna in the name of District Mineral Foundation Jalna in the name of District Mineral Foundation Jalna and its account no. is 60395482860.